Roasted Veggie and Quinoa Salad with Brazil Nuts
Born out of wanting to use more bulk bin items at my fav local super market…
This week I’m bringing you a savoury spring salad that’s sure to put a smile on your face. The veggies can be substituted for whatever you have available in your fridge, or choose what’s in season. The rest of the items can almost all be found in the organic versions as well.
- 1/2 C each of white and red quinoa
- 1/2 C hulled millet
- 1/2 C sundries tomatoes
- 2 Tbsp raisins
- 1/2 C Brazil nuts roughly chopped
- 1/2 C coconut chips
- 4 Tbsp sesame seeds
- 1 small eggplant – cut 1 cm cubes
- 1/4 head cauliflower – cut into florets
- 1 orange, peeled and cut into slices
- 4 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 Tbsp curry powder
- 1/4 tbsp chilli powder
- 1 Tbsp sea salt
- 1/2 C of your favourite dressing. Urban Hippie Miso or balsamic vinaigrette work well.
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees C. In a small pot place quinoa and millet along with two cups of water, bring to a simmer and cook for 15 minutes, the cover, remove from the heat and set aside for 20 minutes.
- Soak sundried tomatoes in boiling water for 1/2 hour, then drain and slice.
- In a mixing bowl add oil, curry powder, chilli, salt and sesame seeds. Mix well, then add diced eggplant and cauliflower. Coat them with sauce then place on a baking paper lined tray. Roast in the oven for thirty minutes until veggies are soft.
- In a large bowl mix together cooked quinoa mixture, roasted veggies, raisins, Brazil nuts, coconut chips, orange and dressing. Mix well adding extra dressing and salt to taste.
- Serve with Rodrigo’s Sourdough bread.